Five minutes and 30 seconds after the first round came to a close, Clark Strong pulled the Road Runner into the water box beside the black 3rd gen Camaro with the red hood. Boone and I had moved to the next window to watch, as the racers occupying that spot had made their way into the suite to turn in their time slips.
The race was over as soon as the Camaro gave chase, as he figured out how to go red with a street car on a .4 pro tree, yeah, he guessed.

Next up was Clark Lamb, in the Barracuda, and he was paired with the nitrous assisted BBF in the ugly 73 Ranchero. Clark was holding 5 hundredths when they both cleared the tree, but the NA Barracuda just couldn't overcome the required tenth dial down, running a very typical for the week 11.40-118.7 on the 11.33, only to get caught in the lights when the Ranchero went 10.033-133 on a 10.03 dial.

Passerby moved on in the 70 Nova, when longtime Drag Weeker Tom Taylor spun the drag radials hard in his mid ten second 79 Nova.

Longtime NHRA Div.4 hitter Jeremy Wilson was also cutting them down in his 66 Nova. While not as accomplished as Passerby, the difference is that Jeremy has made his living on the pro tree in 10.90 Super Street.

Adalie Ross followed up the 10.005 she had used to get rid of Ryan's SRT8, with a 10.007 to knock out Ray LeJeune's 15 Mustang.

I'm not sure if Dan was worried about keeping the 300 cool between hot lap rounds, or was trying to lighten it up to help get more ET, but he came back under the tower for round two with the hood removed.
Watching the race in real time, I thought he had backed into the much faster 80 Malibu of Nick Taylor and gave up the stripe, but now that I look at the numbers, he just couldn't get the big Chrysler to cover the tenth, his 11.55-115.8 was close to what he ran all week, while the Malibu killed fifteen mph, and still hit the line first.

The next, and last car to pull into the water was Jeff Gallagher's super clean white 66 Mustang dialed 10.68. He did his burnout, and approached the tree in nearly the exact same amount of time as the other pairs had.
"Why are they running a single?" I asked Boone.
"Where the heck is John and the Valiant?" he shook his head, and walked to the edge of the balcony to look down.
The little small block Mustang launched, and had barely made the one-two shift, when we heard John fire the Valiant, drive out from under the tower, and head back towards the pits.
"What the heck just happened?" Boone shook his head, "He should have ran him."
"I don't know...maybe it was leaking something...they didn't wait any time at all between pairs..."
Lohnes was mumbling something over the speaker about the car that didn't make the call was last year's champ, and just like that round two was in the books.

20150914_102507.jpg20150918_161729.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines