Boone was the first of our group to get a shot at the Gateway starting line, about an hour and twenty five minutes into the first session. I went up with him, to get a good look at his launch, hoping that the new rear shocks and proper pinion angle would straighten out the violent leaves exhibited before and hopefully extend the life of his 8 3/4.
The truck left smooth...and slow. It was evident at the first hit of the throttle that the new converter was too tight, as the engine loaded hard against it, and the Truck didn't start pulling until 60ft out. He left on the injected Nova, then got drove around, the board lit up with an 11.30-119.3, and Drag Week 2015 was over for Boone. Ok, not Drag Week, but, his hope for a ten second pass on Drag Week most certainly was dashed, as we weren't going to get there on that path!

I was only about 6 sets behind Boone in line, but the cars coming out of the impound area have priority, and apparently the whole bunch decided to make their runs right before Sean Fling motioned me up under the tower. Forty-five minutes after The Barnyard Viper's attempt, I pulled the Valiant into the water, did the first burnout on the virgin Hoosiers and staged against DW Dishman and his 71 Ventura. I was a little disappointed, as this is basically a street race every pass, and I was hoping to get something better to try myself against than a thirteen second Pontiac! On the bright side, I also knew DW was an experienced racer, so staging wouldn't be a problem.
I stalled it to about 2500 and left off the footbrake. The hesitation that had haunted me throughout DW-14 was back, but the car pulled hard after the initial leave, and felt strong all the way down. I was rewarded with a 10.53-128.3, that was initiated with a miserable 1.55 60ft.

Barnyard's  first.jpg12030364_10153728122868938_3353302817348654334_o.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines