Correct me if I am wrong but aren't pure stock cars supposed to have stock heads meaning no porting at all ? I grew up around stock muscle cars and dont get me wrong as I love the Pure Stock and FAST cars as they are what I love. But most like me really are not that stupid to think these cars are totally stock. I have a article where Hot Rod tested a 69 L88 Vette and it only had 3.36 gearing but ran 13.50's at almost 111. Thats 111 not 125. Most if not all muscle cars in stock condition never even got in the 12's. I know these have a slighty bigger exh and electronic ign but no way it makes that much difference. And the other point I cant understand is how they keep getting so much faster each year if they are supposed to stay all stock ? I know Bob K's Hemi Cuda has gome from a high 12 to an 11.70 car over the last 8 or so years. I am only using his as an example because I can remember his ets since I like his cars so much. But if you stay stock and cant go to better parts how do these cars go from the times of mid 12's ten years ago to 11.20's now. The tune sure dont make up that kind of power.

So as I said I do love this hobby and really enjoy the Pure stock cars but no way do I think they are even close to stock. I do understand that many have put alot of hard work to get where they are and I would do the same if I ran in that class but I know they have many tricks and are not even close to stock. No way could they go that fast. Some may be close to stock but they run 13's or high 12's.

Please dont take this as slamming the Pure Stock cars as I am just stating my opinion and do not want to upset anyone as it is just my opinion as I would go watch Pure Stock cars race before I would go to and NHRA race. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 06/20/12 01:25 PM.