Personally, I don't know about the street legality of the 68 SS mopars, but I do know that the 64 Hemi Mopars were street legal and purchased for use on the street, and that is well documented. Also I know for a fact that when Mel Parker bought the 67 RO23 Superstock Belvedere that I now own, he and his dad steet drove it for 6 months before he set it up for race-only. He even brought it back to the dealer and had a heater installed!

As far as allowing the 68 SS mopars into the PSMCDR, I don't know if that is such a great idea. I think the problem is that they allowed GM's race cars such as the L88 and the ZL1 in. Now that they are out there, it would be too hard to take it away. They should at least just allow the 64 Hemis.

What is so interesting about the PSMCDR, and about F.A.S.T., is that unlike all other forms of drag racing, there is NO attempt by the rules makers to equalize the cars. In all other racing organizations, when one combination dominates, it gets penalized. Then you get all these GM lovin' fans and bench racers claiming that small block Chevies are better than Hemis because they won some races in early Pro-stock. What they don't realize or consider is that the Hemi got burdened with a huge weight penalty by the NHRA to slow it down.

None of that happens in the PSMCDR or in FAST. The best cars with the best efforts of the owners and the best drivers will rise to the top. The way it ought to be.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"