Quote:

T-bolts did run Super Stock in 1964 on 7" tires. They ran AFX when on 10" tires. There were 100 Thunderbolts built. Gas Ronda won the 1964 NHRA "World Top Stock Eliminator" title while running SS.

In my opinion a as built Thunderbolt along with an as built '68 Hemi Cuda & Dart should be legal for Pure Stock along with the '64-'65 Race Hemi cars.

Also I'm pretty sure as delivered from Dearborn Steel Tubing the Thunderbolts were faster then the Hurst built '68 Cudas & Darts if you want to compare apples to apples. From what I read the "stock" Hemi cars had some issues. Once they were blue printed and set up by the racers the Hemi cars may have the edge but it still was very close.

As delivered in late '63 a "stock" Thunderbolt would run 12.20's @ 120+. By the end of '64 some of the good running T-bolts were in the high 10's on 10" tires.

No matter what I'd like to see them all run Pure Stock.

Quote:

Thank you Joel - thats the answer I was looking for .

In fact, I had an argument with some clown on one of the Vids about the SS Darts - somehow they reckon the SS Dart isn't a "mass produced" car!

So I say "what? did the stork lay them? " Or were they assembled in a Factory?

....Next thing...he's claiming the T Bolt was faster than the SS Darts...... What an IDIOT!!

The T Bolt ran AFX, the SS Darts were SS!

Typical Chev owner.

I'll give you that one, where you compare the 64 T-Bolts with the 68 SS cars, neither were built in house, and neither should be allowed, BUT you can't throw the 64 HEMI'S in with them as they were assembled on a factory line