Quote:

i said i wasnt going to comment on what should or shouldnt be allowed......but i guess i cant keep all of it in.

the PSMCD race in Stanton attracts a very broad range of cars from the glory years of American Muscle.

as a pure hi performance car "fan", i cant think of any American car maker that didnt offer up something i liked.
i find it hard to imagine there would be a racing series that highlights these fantastic machines.......and instead of finding some way of trying to make sure all of the best pieces each brand had to offer had a place to play.....the rules are constructed in a way that excludes some of the best-of-the-best.
personaly, i would LOVE to see some correctly restored(as in....before any mods were done by their owners) Hemi race cars, T-Bolts, lite weight GM iron, and all the rest.....right there in the staging lanes with all those shiney Muscle cars.
even if they had their own class(F/R..."Factory Race"), just get them to the event.

i would imagine that most of the people attending the PSMCD events would consider themselves "car guys".
that being said, i cant imagine too many people being upset at watching those things roaring down the 1/4 mile.

but hey......thats just how i see it.

Boy do I agree with this. It would be so cool to see the factory type race cars basically the way they came do some racing with the FAST class but in a class of their own as Dwayne suggested. I know I love the factory built race cars as it just shows how far the manufactors would go to win on Sunday and sell on Monday. They could maybe even have 2 classes for the factory hot rods........one for the ones that anyone could buy and legaly drive on the street and the other class for the ones only the racers or someone connected got that could not be street driven. It would really be an awesome class to me. But just having the FAST and Pure Stock classes and racing is very cool indeed. I really enjoy watching and reading about these cars. Reminds me of 1970 when Pro Stock first came about as they were very clse to stock bodies and chassis cars. I have pics of some of the first Pro Stock cars with just that little half round looking rollbar behind just the drivers seat. Yes it would be exciting ! Ron

Last edited by 383man; 05/28/12 12:59 AM.