To me it dont matter if Hurst put the eng in like the 68 Hemi cars or Kar Kraft like the Boss 429 Stangs because as long as the car went back to the dealer and the dealers sold them to be tagged and insured then its a production car in my eyes. It was bought at the dealer no matter who put the eng in. But if you bought it at the dealer but could not tag and insure it as was the case with the 68 Hemi cars then I say no it was not a street leagal car and should not be legal in Pure Stock.

Jody I like the idea of running cheater slicks on a class of factory race cars. That would be a very cool class. And you know the Thunderbolt of Gas Rhonda won SS at the 64 Winternationals running low 12's but a Max Wedge car won Top Stock running 11.60's I believe. I also believe the Ramchargers dipped in the 11.30's at the 64 Winternats with their 63 Max Wedge car as the 64 Hemi cars did not run at the 64 Winternats. Course I do understand that it was the first competition for the Thunderbolts. I do agree that the 68 SS cars came from the factory in not so good shape sometimes from what I heard. I even heard alot came thru with just street Hemi's but most all the racers yanked the Hemi and built their own Hemi to the SS rules as I believe thats what Mopar figured the racers would do. You could do alot more mods to the 68 SS cars then the 63 & 64 SS cars. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 12/31/11 12:46 AM.