Quote:

My buddy had a original 64 Hemi Belvedere H/T. You are correct it did have Carter carbs. Last I heard the car was in Washington state, It was an automatic, red with a red interior. Supposedly one of six.
Doug

So just to get this straight you could get a 64 Hemi car that was a street car (NOT a RO or WO car) and registerable (if thats a real word)? Is this the same case with the 65 cars? I always thought they were race only.

In my opinion, if you could plate it, it should be allowed. I can see both arguements for the 68 SS cars, yeah they weren't supposed to be registered, but I'm sure alot of them were, there's a CarCraft article from about 2 years ago where a guy was driving one on the street with one of there editors (they took it for ice cream and made a kid cry with it). As a matter of fact, didn't one go on the PowerTour or Drag Week? But, they did make more of them that the ZL-1 or L88 cars, and probably the COPO cars, which are nothing more than factory race cars, LIKE THE 68SS cars. So I can see both sides.

If the reason they don't want the 64 HEMI cars in Pure Stock is because they have headers (which is BS cause they are actually a cast manifold, although a really good one) BOO HOO. ZL1's have aluminum blocks, L89 have aluminum heads and Holly carbs. Hell, Studebaker Larks have superchargers for heavens sake. It seemed to me that the organizations that put on these type of events, FAST and Pure Stock, were unbiased towards one brand or another, but it seems that the old Mopar bias is creeping in.