Quote:

Quote:

Dave has done it , I remember seeing the pictures of him pulling a head because people accused him of running a megablock.

Unless the engine is SEALED, and the seals are never broken, tech cert is only good for the one event.

John, did you see the pic of Terry's head laying on a table ??

Last year the L88 went pretty quick and I think that Dave did a quick tech that included a drive, stall speed, shocks springs, and a few other items

I guess the problem is that the tech results are not posted, so no one really knows the who what and whens........

I see a head laying on a table , I only know Tom in that picture and as said that was 6 or 7 years ago, the car is how many tenths faster NOW ???

Did it just get that much faster as the engine is getting more broken in ???

Did they change to a driver that is 300 lbs lighter ???

Is wind friction peeling layers of paint off to make the car lighter and slipperier ???

I'm pretty sure the same goes for Stanton, a car is only certified for that event?

I remember all the drama the year I went, Terry pulled his cam, Jimmy running as fast as he did and trying to claim his cert from the year before, didn't his car break and never had a clean pass, was still good after he fixed whatever broke with no recert ?

Last edited by JohnRR; 06/19/12 05:25 PM.