Great post from another site, sums up my feelings exactly:

There's an old saying that "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". In my opinion the lack of accountability that management and the board have had for years plays in to that old saying. Management and the board are the same people and are not accountable to anyone. They do what they please, they pay themselves what they please with no concern with how it affects all of us. Most 501-C6 tax exempt organizations are accountable to their members. In fact according to IRS rules they must be membership based organizations with a high degree of membership involvement.

Look at the NFL, the members are the owners of the teams, the owners pick a board and hire the CEO, who is accountable to the team owners. SEMA is another good example of a 501-C6 organization. The members vote on board members who in turn hire a person to run the organization. The management is accountable to the board and the board is accountable to the members. The lack of accountability is what's led to the shape NHRA finds themselves in right now.

I think the NHRA is way beyond needing an overhaul of the management.