Quote:

I believe Monte and Chapper feel that we are only commenting about NHRA because of the blood in the water as they wish to call it, actually this subject about NHRA is long over due, you certainly can't express your opinions at the NHRA track or in the Dragster. As we all know NHRA runs this program with a Chicago Style Political Attitude, and they are always right! I have been aroung drag racing since the late 50's and early 60's I will admitt, I don't know it all, but I do know a lot. I'am not of the thinking that NHRA should go out of business, however they must get back to reality, and if they owe taxes then they should pay them, my opinion they should have been paying them for years, and the President of NHRA should not be making more $$ than the President of The United States! As for safety they are out of control, especialy on the seat belt issue, give us 4 years instead of the two years, but let the tech people check them for tears, dry rot ect. If the military only changes fight jets every 5 years, you can't convince me that this is not a money grab. Monte and Chapper called my comment on payoffs a conspiracy theory, its like Jesse says FOLLOW THE MONEY! I'am not stupid, I am a retired salesman after 45 years, I know how the system works, as an example, I called on GM-Ford_and Chrysler in Detroit. Never did GM, or Chrysler purchasing agents want a kick-back, however we were at Ford Motor Company going over a quote on $100,000.00 hydraulic press for their Brookpark, Ohio plant when their purchasing agent interupted the pruposal to let us know his TV wasn't working well and then he gave us his business card with his HOME ADDRESS on it so we could ship his a new TV. We did not do it and when I called him the following week to check on our quote he told me it went into the waste can! As another example I had a friend here in Ohio whose son was up on charges of stealing newspaper boxes, the DA came to their home the night before the trial and said if my friend would give him $10,000 in cash the case would go away and it would be over, my friend could not do it and his son went away for 2 years, so if you don't believe this stuff does not go on, then you have inhaled too many nitro fumes. Back to NHRA selective safety issues. Remember I believe it was last year when they interviewed Warren Johnson about the track being unsafe, and he said that they only care about Top Fuel and Funny Car, and when the Pro Stock Drivers said they would not race because the track was unsafe and in CHICAGO STYLE form Graham Light told them that two cars had altready gone down and if the rest of the guys would not go down then the class had its winner and runner-up and they call this safety. I use to be the guy who would break all the speeding laws so I could get home from racing so that I could watch an NHRA event on tv, but after the John Force/Robert Height deal last year it turned my stomach, it was best said by another Moparts Member awhile back, a 20 year John Force Fan lost in 5 seconds, even Mike Dunn was amazed at that deal, and I am so tired of watching one lane race tracks, and they wonder why the stands are only two-thirds full. I don't want NHRA to go away but I do want them to improve and for them constantly raising prices this sucks, I have been an NHRA member for ages, I would give it up tomorrow, however they have you by the short hairs, because to race at an NHRA track where you need a license, you must be a member, once again Chicago Style. As for the comment about Norwalk leaving IHRA to join NHRA, it was a business decision I would believe with better press coverage and exposure, it has always been a great facility, we race their and I really can't see the difference, great traction, great race surface, great people,great restrooms,the Bader Family are are the same Class Act as they were when it was IHRA and the ice cream is dam good. I would hope NHRA would feel most of our comments were constructive critism, my personal belief is, it won't faze them at all because they are ALWAYS RIGHT - REMEMBER CHICAGO STYLE. For their sake they should tell the TV cameras not to scan the stands so people at home won't see how empty they are, the same as NASCAR. I feel better now!

Hemi Joe,,,,somewhere along this thread, you mis-read my comments.
I DO believe that there are some pay offs going on in NHRA!!
I still say, the contingency money some manufactures post is a pay off for rule changes. I mean this by example: Once a person builds a race car with all the safety equipment installed,,he is basically DONE buying safety equipment. UNLESS,,,the sanctioning bodies' rules require replacement at certain intervals. SO,,my theory is,, the belt, helmet, all safety equipment manufactures say they will donate to the "contingency" program. I look for a new rule soon. NO SAFETY EQUIPMENT WILL BE ALLOWED THAT DOESN'T PAY CONTINGECY MONIES.
I realize some of the thoughts/comments on here are getting away from the original thread topic/subject. I have ALWAYS felt NHRA was getting a massive tax break with their IRS classification as "non profit". I wonder if NASCAR, IHRA is watching this?? So, don't confuse me with an NHRA supporter. I would rather have a prostitute sister than a brother on NHRA staff!!

If you like drag racing, support your local track.