I have always wondered why SOMETHING wasn't done, said, Congressional action,,SOMETHING, about NHRA's "non-profit orginization" status....I would have thought that the higher beings would have caught up with this YEARS ago..!! The idea they started out with was good. Then, they
saw it was a GOOD THING,,,making mucho money ETC, it got carried away.
I know in the past, around the '70's,, there was some rumors of people trying to get a division director's position that ended up in some people losing their life over the dispute over who would get the job. It has gotten completely out of hand. I know there has to be safety rules and guide lines to follow in order to have safe racing.
I also know, there has to be reasonable consideration of the participants ability to be able to afford to compete. Maybe this all will be a good deal for the other sanctioning bodies. If NHRA isn't "SETTING" all the rules,, they won't have to follow. I hope, and expect, this WILL help the racers. It will get the field back to more level situation between all the other sanctioning bodies and they all will not have to compete on rules. The MAJOR problem,,lies with the manufacturer's 'contingency money' programs. WE all know, the only reason they offer the money is to have the rules change so we have to keep spending money with them so we can race. I hope all goes well for all the racers. I also believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny. Rant over..

If you like drag racing, support your local track.