Quote:

Monte when's the last time you ran a NHRA race.

$300 sportsman fee
plus the insurance fees.
NHRA member fee.
If you oil the track down $250 fine
The list goes on and on.
NHRA is far from putting the little guy first.
I have run both Super Street and in Super Stock.
It was the worst racing for me ever.

So yes I will take my little outlaw tracks and IHRA.They tell me Thank you and love having you here.

I have not raced at an NHRA event personally in years, because I am tuning now, instead of driving. But as far as being there with cars I was tuning on.......about 8 events in 2010. Not one of those guys complained about anything, or that they were being treated poorly. As a matter of fact, we did all the Unleashed races and were treated fantastic.

I have been to just as many IHRA events as NHRA over the years and frankly can't tell the difference in how we were treated. The Pros get most of the attention in NHRA, same in IHRA. The events I went to, if you were not in FC, PS or PM with IHRA, they did not care. And that traveling freak show they have going on now, is 100% about entertaining the fans and nothing about the drivers, so don't tell me how much better they treat the racers. Why do you think all the PM and PS guys are at the ADRL and NHRA

Who cares what Tom Compton makes. He is the presdident of a major corporation. I would imagine his pay is in line with other people with similar positions. Why don't you find out what the president of that organization that owns IHRA makes, bet it's more than Compton.

I am NOT a huge NHRA supporter, I don't like everything they do, but I also realize that drag racing would be much worse of without them and all this supposed mistreatment of the racers, in my 30+ years of participating at NHRA events, I have not seen it.

You will always have people that complain, but those are likely the same people that would complain, regrdless of what you did. Everybody is out to get them and they always feel slighted in some way, so they are going to complain about it.

Monte