The belt,fire suit,helmet regulations are only part of a larger issue that includes the cage certifications which becomes an issue for discussion also.Getting past the incresing cost of all this,what good are they when inspecters only check the dates on the tags or the diameter and thickness of the tubing as well as placement.We see many cars that have all the certifications but built in such a fashion that they are not safe to go down the track.Yet you see them allowed to run with poor welds and fit,lack of welds and gussets,micky mouse steering and suspension componants,fire hazzard wiring and fuel systems and much more.In all my years of racing,I have never seen a tech guy check anything but the tagged items they can see.I have never seen them crawl under a car to check the shields,flexplates or any fastnening points.Even at major races if you hand them the SFI numbers of those unseen parts they let you race.If they were concerned with one's saftey then they should look to correct things that are unsafe that cause issues not just regulate things that can help survive an incident,after all there are others that can be hurt such as spectators and track personel.I know we are getting off track of the original post that NHRA's non-profit is in question but lets get real and try and understand why they are paying theses wild compensations to people with our money when it can be better spent actually making our sport better and safer to all the racers and not just cater to the elite professional classes.I'am a for anything that promotes saftey,I'am just not for increasing our cost just to fill someones pockets.Non-profit my AZZ