Does anybody on here remember the old childhood fairy tale,,"The Goose that layed the Golden egg"???? This all reminds me of it. The seat-belt BS aside,,this is why I always hated NHRA. I raced at their tracks because they were the only show in town. It is ALL ABOUT money/greed. NHRA is no different than alot of other sports and their lust for MONEY. Major League Baseball comes to mind. My parents were retired and spent their winters in Florida. They were big baseball fans and attended the spring training camp games. They could not take ANYTHING into the stadium. In the past, they had taken a sandwich or something with them to eat while watching the game. They started checking for these items and my mother was "caught- RED-HANDED" with a box of Cracker Jacks in her purse!!!!! I laughed when I was told the story, but can see the theory behind the rule...if you go in,,you WILL buy something and we WILL make MONEY on you. Pretty much the same with the races. One time in around '81, my six-packer (lunch bucket) cooler was checked as I was going into the Springnationals at Columbus. I had 4 Cokes and 2 beers in it. The Sheriff said "NO WAY YOU CAN TAKE BEER IN HERE!!" I said I can see dozens of people drinking beer right behind you?? He said, they are in,,,you're NOT.
I laughed.,,I got ya',,I have to buy in there HUH? He says YES. Then asks what Im going to do about the beer,,I guess I'll just drink it before I go in!! DON'T LET ME SEE YOU DO THAT OR I'LL ARREST YOU FOR OPEN CONTAINER IN PUBLIC!! I asked about the guys laughing at me on the other side of the chain link fence..he says do what you like. I tossed them in the trash drum,,beside a HUGE pile of beer cans. MONEY MONEY

If you like drag racing, support your local track.