So having manufactures in on the decision as to what SFI decides to require is a good thing?

I was testing converters at Warner Robbins with TCI back when Bill Taylor owned the company. TCI employees told me that shortly I would have to get a certified flex plat and a flex-plate shield with the adoption of a new rule. Seems that flex plates were coming apart and NHRA wanted to do something about the problem. SFI contacted TCI who sent them a flexplate and shield that they sold at the time. TCI was informed that SFI decided that both were necessary to be installed on the car.

It was a win win solution for SFI and TCI. Why sell one tag when you can require two and double the income. TCI was surprised that they required both but didn't care since that would also double their sales. The stupid part was requiring the re certifying period for a hunk of aluminum. You can look at the part and tell if it has been modified or abused.

Plus NHRA gets advertising income in the Dragster and TCI posts contingency. And who gets the money if the contingency posting isn't awarded to the racer, NHRA. Who needs kickbacks when the system does it for you.

Hopefully the powers at be finally broke their golden egg.