Quote:

Quote:

It's 1/4 AZZ clowns.
And it is easy if you pull you head out of 1969!!!!!!!!!!
Joe Dirt called and is wanting his Van back.

I was reading all this and when I got to this I couldnt stop laughing that is just plain funny. Sorry

Joe Dirt would be so envious of my van. He would see my Easter Van-in 77 and my Florida's Van Spring 78 stickers on the wall and want to buy it on the spot.

Just to bring Keven Bacon's six degrees into the thread. The blond in Joe Dirt, along with her twin sister were students in my wife's math class.

As you can see I've done a little racing over the years. You can see by the decals that I raced NHRA up until 95. Up until that time I worked for NHRA getting the track ready for Gatornationals. The more I was around the upper levels of NHRA management the more they made me PO'd. The different divisions in NHRA were always at each other with power trips, throw in Holt, the division director and I had my fill. I decided to take my racing money elsewhere.

I believed if the Board could figure out how to make money without having to put up with the racers and the spectators they would have done it in a heartbeat.

In time my thoughts came to pass, the Board tried to sell the Pro side of NHRA but the HD corporation stockholders voted the purchase down. I'm sure it took them a while to figure out how to cash out NHRA a company that they totally controlled but didn't own. Have any of you thought about what NHRA would be like if the sale had gone though and the Sportsman side of NHRA and the museum would be on their own?

Why did the Board of directors bring in a corporate takeover attorney to the board? Instead they could have selected someone like Bill Bader or Pat Jefferion who knows how to satisfy their customers and has some skin in the game? Even Monty Smith would give them good insight on the board.