Wow. Monte the voice of reason. I think you have summed up my feelings nicely. Thanks for the comments.

Personally, I'd like for some of the malcontents here (and on other forums) to see how NHRA and ND operate on a day to day basis. Having been here longer than I care to admit I tend to think that if you had a chance to walk the halls of Glendora, you'd see that the overwelming majority of my co-workers (including upper management) care a lot more about the sport and it's participants than you might think.

To put it mildly, there are a lot of challenges these days in running any successful business and I like to think NHRA has weathered the storm better than most. (For example, if your a fan of Superbike racing, as I am, you probably understand where I'm coming from as that sport has just about evaporated on this continent).

For the record, I don't agree with some of the decisions that are made but in most cases, I can at least acknowledge the reasoning behind them.

I try not to engage in many of the political debates here and I usually regret it afterwards but I simply thought many of you might benefit from an insiders point of view.

Kevin McKenna
National Dragster