Quote:

Great review for sure but the score card is incomplete.

When shopping for a body shop or restoration shop, there are THREE major criteria to be met.

1) QUALITY

2) TIME FRAME

3) FINAL COST vs ESTIMATE

Now by reading this thread about your car, and seeing other posts by AMCR I think I can answer the first two with some certainty, however I will speak for most people when I ask... Did AMCR stick to their estimated cost? With the extra work that YOU ask for, I can understand being charged extra, but did they ever raise the cost of the project or go over their famous "$25K MAX labour special" for reasons that they discovered?

...and a question for TIM....If you did indeed stick to your estimated price....Did you "make money" or lose your shirt...by that I mean taking the total amount charged divided by the total hours spent...are you making minimum wage?

...Again a question for Tim...has a project like this made you rethink your $25K deal OR or quite contrary did it reaffirm your offer?

Alan, your two cents during this thread has been like 25 cents. LOL. You are on everyones threads, LOL......

You bring up 3 criteria to be met for this project. All were met. Quality was met, Time frame would have been met. There were several delays on my end that held this thing up. In reality this probably would have been home in May of 2010. Keep in mind that there were some non resto imperfections that had to be fixed before coming home. These small issues would have been there with or without the redo of the bottom. As for price, they did stick to it. First off, my car was never one of their 25K jobs so even if we did hit the mark, it was for some non paint related issues which will be brought up in part 2 mechanical review which will be posted in about 2 weeks.