Quote:

How long will re-assembly take? Roughly how many hours?
You're making it turn key correct?
When will the owner get the car back? and what will the total time frame be?

The reassembly isn't that bad. I do the suspension, tank, brakes, lines, wiring, powertrain, etc. and Mike and Hubert do the body, glass, interior, lights, bumpers, grille, etc.

The customer sent the gauges out and bought new harnesses, so that should be a snap. I've fixed so many original harnesses that I cringe when it's time to troubleshoot them. I often wonder if half of the stuff worked even when it was new.

All in all it will take us about 100 man hours to get it back together. We would have it back to the customer in two to three weeks but the transmission will hold us up about a week. It won't be back from the builder that the customer sent it to until about week three.

The car arrived on August 21 and we budgeted 400 man hours over six months. We're ahead of the delivery date because another car we had scheduled to restore is now not being delivered until mid November.

Turn key running, driving and tuned, yes. But, the customer is doing his own interior reinstallation.

Keep in mind all of the following:

1) We took it apart.
2) We bagged and tagged everything after cleaning it.
3) Everything is like new or restored.
4) We don't charge for head scratching, mistake fixing, paint drying, etc.

Honestly, we'll go about 20 hours over our budget but the customer will not pay more than the price we agreed to upfront.

Finally, if we had one of those steam/pressure washers that some of you other guys have, we would have been right on budget. The undercoating on this car was twice as heavy as I've ever seen and it frankly kicked out butts!

We would have done better if the car had been rusty. We kick butt on panel replacement!

To the guy teasing Alan, I think we're a little too far away to be considered competition but we'll work with anyone from anywhere!

Martin, GA Quality Auto Restoration with Fair FIXED Pricing. Fast-N-Dangerous@comcast.net