Quote:

Well it is a good thing that you included "quality" of the job your paying these guys to do in there. This much I know, if I had turned over my really nice and solid cuda or whatever the car may be, and saw pictures of a guy standing there with an acetylene torch in one hand heating each and every dent until it was bright red and then quenching it with a wet rag in the other hand I would be horrified and the job would have stopped right then and there. That is not proper body work in my book. Oh yeah and then there's the filing every one of them hard spots down until my once beautiful deck lid is now paper thin. I wasn't very impressed with using the needle scaler for the undercoating removal either. Looks like it pretty much ruined the guys floor pan too. I wish the customer the best of luck since he definitely decided to get a lot of his own parts done right! My two

I suppose this guy prefers bondo to having dents shrunken back to the state they were in before the metal was stretched.

The file is used as a "slap hammer" the cross hatching in it helps the metal shrink back to the way it was. The metal never raises above the original height. There is no filing or fillers and the metal is no thinner than it was when it was new.

As for the needle scaler, it does nothing to the metal whatsoever, not even a scratch. It's not a jack hammer. When set on low, it removes only the film left behind from the previous undercoat and chemicals.

Yes Mike, this is a tough place to show off what we do. Sometimes I wonder why we try. As long as you are happy, so are we.

Martin, GA Quality Auto Restoration with Fair FIXED Pricing. Fast-N-Dangerous@comcast.net