Quote:

Lets not jump to conclusions guys...From day one the cars owner has had nothing but praise for Tim and his crew...He also took responsibility for some of the delays...

I just can't believe it's taking so long when Tim stated his turn-around was real quick....I guess that black Super Bee isn't going to be finished either...

Maybe someone new will step up so Tim can have a good chance at showing off his work with the 25K max and quick turn around...

Perhaps Tim is a good guy and perhaps his shop does good work but I avoided commenting on this thread for quite some time because I knew 2 things;

- 1) a resto NEVER goes exactly according to plan. A shop should be very careful when giving a firm schedule, especially when it is overly optimistic.

- 2) The $25k "max labour" thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth because frankly it has little to do with the final completed resto costs of the car. By the time you factor in the materials and work that was farmed out, I'd bet that the REAL and TOTAL resto cost was far closer to the figures that myself and others have put forward from time to time.

I hope the owner is happy with his car and can now enjoy it, but I'm not naive enough to think he spend anywhere near $25k.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]