Quote:

Wow. After going to the unveiling I feel small for being critical of how this was handled. When the time capsule was opened and against a white lining it said "Tulsarama" it was wonderful! My goodness if the vault had survived like the steel time capsule how spectacular the show would have been.

With hindsight it is easy to see the way "they" handled the event was so much better than my previous thoughts. Regardless of what it took I wanted them to open the lid yesterday, rig, and bring her out at whatever time and then simply unveil. I was so wrong. Getting her into the area and behind the curtain with a drum roll and special music was so much better.

Can you imagine how exciting it would have been if it was obvious she was pristine the moment the vault was opened just like when the cover was removed from the time capsule? Heck there would have been dancing in the streets during that parade from the vault to the area and then the cheers when the curtain was lifted and the motor started!

I thank the Tulsarama committee of both 1957 and 2007 for making this such a wonderful event.

Thank you. I think you have the right take on this event. It should have been and was a "homespun" event. It wasn't a polished slick production. I like that. This happening was planned in 1957 to celebrate Oklahoma's 100th anniversary. Happy Birthday!

For everyone that wants glitz and glamor there is lots of footage that will be turned into well produced TV time I am sure.

Proud to be an Okie...

Last edited by Dave64; 06/16/07 08:33 AM.