I guess if you look at the whole event you would have to say it was a success. Think back about how many city anniversary celebrations that anyone outside of town gives a hoot about. This thing had Tulsa front and center all over the place. Just the fact that they came up with the idea was pretty cool.

As for the car most people I showed the pics too just said..oh cool look at that old car. Not like you see a 57 Plymouth running around much these days. It had the shape of a 57 Plymouth. I did not even think it would have that.

As for the storage..well hindsight is 20/20. I bet if you would ask most people back then it would have been a foregone conclusion that at some point between then and now Tulsa and most of the US would have been in a nuclear attack. I doubt that water even came to mind when they buried it. Many people probably thought why bury it no one will be around to see it anyway.

Look at it this way...we may not be perfect but we fared a lot better than most would have thought..so instead of cave men pulling a shiny car from a vault at least it is the car that is done...not us

77 Macho Power Wagon LWB factory 440 70 Coronet 440 N code 3 speed