Quote:

I don't know why there is so much disappointed energy running through this site.

Could be the condition of the car was not what was hoped.

Quote:

Sure, it would have been nice to see a nicely preserved car emerge from the hole, but that's not what happened.

Get outta here!
No really, GET OUTTA HERE!
hahaha
We all know it's the hope-vs-reality thing, I think everybody here has figured it out by themselves already.

Quote:

This event is about the optimism of the people of 1957 and the future of Tulsa, OK.

Not for me it wasn't. It wasn't for many people. For many people it was optimism that a 1957 Plymouth *might* have a chance at coming out of a time capsule in "as built" condition. It was a very small chance that it would happen that way, and odds were against it. Odds won.

Quote:

This was before we became a nation as we know it today (48 states during that time). It was before the tragedy of Vietnam and subsequent wars. No feminist manifesto had ever been written yet. And this little frontier city did something that represented a quintessential moment for that time. It's all about our history and the celebration of America before she took that hit of LSD and got all weary. Now she's got crow's feet around her eyes and she's not as idealistic as she used to be, but she's also a better America for it.

Are you trying to be an aspiring writer for a local newspaper? Harlequin automotive journalist?
Nobody cares about the above. Well, I don't anyways....

It was about the CAR for me. I'm a CAR guy. The locals have a different perspective I'm sure, but this is a MOPAR forum, not a local Tulsa forum. Many followed the story for years because of the car.

Quote:

I wish more of you could have witnessed the unique experience instead of the tainted cuppa joe that seems to be eminating from this site.

I think alot of people would have regretted NOT going if it came up in great shape, I think alot of people are GLAD they never went down after seeing what transpired on the live feed. Condition of the car, etc....

The "tainted cuppa joe" is due to the guys here being CAR guys. Many wanted, wished, and hoped for a trophy to come out of that hole, despite all odds.
Disappointment is the OBVIOUS reaction.
Among the CAR guys.

CrAzYMoPaRGuY