Boyd coddington is a blah blah blah.
They shoulda sealed the blah blah blah.
Surprised it didn't come out with 4 doors hur hur hur blah blah blah.

Seriously, you guys.
A fifty year old Plymouth Belvedere was just excavated on national TV. A city celebrates a centenial. Cool artifacts have been unearthed. Can we please get beyond the small talk and start looking at what we have?
There is a lot to think about.

That Plymouth looks pretty bad, but not too bad. What's it's fate? Should it be put in a museum? Should it be restored?

Condition - I was not there, so I would really like to hear from those who have inspecte the car up close. How bad is it? Can it be restored? We have seen the trunk, and it looks pretty flimsy. Still, it stayed on the hinges, so how bad is it?
How about other aspects of the car? Is the frame intact? (not "in tact").
Is the sheet metal solid enough, or is the metal getting really thin? Can the interior be upholstered after a thorough cleaning, or is it completely gone?
I see a lot of gold paint - what's the story on the other side of that metal?

Preservation - what to do? What would the Mopar community collectively agree on? Leave it or fix it?

Ownership - who gets it? And, when someone aquires this swamp monster, do we have an ambassador to help them make some decisions with the car? That may be a bit out there, but it would be nice to play some small role in the fate of this car.

Me personally? I'd love to see it fully restored and running. Museums are fine, but the biggest draw would be this car getting attention as it cruises the country's freeways.
As for the event, what a thrill! Iwas glued to my computer watching the wrapping come off. It was exciting stuff - a fifty year old Plymouth seeing the light of day. Yeah, the condition was rough. Still, that's why anticipation is a great thing - it's all about discovery and the excitement of not knowing exactly how things end up.

So, can we start talking about the car?

Last edited by new bee; 06/16/07 11:17 AM.

*1969 383 4sp. Super Bee
*1966 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT
*1965 Porsche 356C
*2004 VW Passat Wagon
*2004 Mini Cooper S
*1967 Jaguar E-Type FHC

A mall cop is in our midst.