So now I've left Tulsa and have some time to reflect on the weekend and a few of the posts here.

I don't know why there is so much disappointed energy running through this site. Sure, it would have been nice to see a nicely preserved car emerge from the hole, but that's not what happened. This event is about the optimism of the people of 1957 and the future of Tulsa, OK. This was before we became a nation as we know it today (48 states during that time). It was before the tragedy of Vietnam and subsequent wars. No feminist manifesto had ever been written yet. And this little frontier city did something that represented a quintessential moment for that time. It's all about our history and the celebration of America before she took that hit of LSD and got all weary. Now she's got crow's feet around her eyes and she's not as idealistic as she used to be, but she's also a better America for it. So why can't we recognize what just went down in Tulsa, OK instead of having to speculate, criticize, and what-not? I had a nice time, I enjoyed meeting Perry and Tim, and there even was a Shelby/Ford event that added to the fun. I wish more of you could have witnessed the unique experience instead of the tainted cuppa joe that seems to be eminating from this site.