My time at the show was cut short by a dead camera and an 11 year old daughter I wore out.

As for the post about amazement for the air in the tires, they were, indeed flat at unearthing. They were aired for showing it and I think "Fix'A'Flat" introduced. That's what I overheard from some of the guys working with the car.

As far as the car's current condition...I don't think a "powerwashing" is a good idea. There are already bubbles forming in the metal, now that the air and UV have started to come into play [mostly the air, little UV, as it is inside, so far].

I think the car will very quickly rot away, as all the cars from that era did, just a bit slower. There will be the quandry. How to stop the decay...how to clean it up...should it be cleaned up. Those may never really be answerable until what occurs with the car actually happens...just like the unearthing.

Regardless, the car came up in pretty good condition, considering it had been bobbing up and down with the wet seasons Oklahoma has had for the past 50 years. What comes next will be determined when it actually happens.

The events of this weekend are going to be good, the stuff in the time capsule was way cool [though the flag sweeping the base of the stage was unconsiencable].