Quote:

my 2cents:
Save this 57 as it came from the tomb, clone the original and store them side by side for the world to see.

This was exactly my thought. For 50 years people have waited to see how she faired, well, now we know. I think to restore it, as someone else said, would take away the uniqueness of it. Just as artifacts from shipwrecks, or ancient tombs are preserved in the "as found" state, I think the 57 should be also. People in the future would get more from the story of the car and the time if its left as is in a climate contrlled glass enclosure with a perfect copy right next to it, for all to see what it looked like when it went in the vault. But, thats just my .

An opinion about the flag touching the ground, I am VERY patriotic about my country, its flag, and our freedoms. I'm the one who posted about taking his kids to Jefferson Barracks National Cemetary on Memorial Day instead of the usual BBQ and yard games, for the purpose of trying to instill in my kids some sense of apprectiation for what we have. But this thing about the flag is a bit over done IMO. For one, I'm sure they didnt intend to let it touch the floor, I'm sure everyone there was pretty caught up in the excitement of the moment, and two, although this was once our nations flag, its not now. Its a well preserved historic relic of our past, but no longer represents who we are as a nation. We are a 50 state nation, its not an active flag. Try to see it from that perspective.

Last edited by StrokerPost; 06/16/07 05:53 PM.