Quote:

Are there any pictures around of the crypt after she was removed?

I watched the unveiling from the closed circuit feed at the convention center. I'll admit having the car ready to lift at a specific time turned out pretty nice. After it was lifted and loaded onto the trailer I bolted to see her paraded down the street. With helocopters above, horses, etc. it was a total blast walking beside her with the crowd for two blocks north, west about two blocks, back south and then seeing her backed into the convention center. It was so much fun!

Now back to the quote/question... I went back to see the vault and I wish I did not have to report this... The police would not let us get close and even ordered us back. While ordering us back he said the dump trucks are on the way and they need room. He said the liability was to much... That is just one of the things which has changed the past 50 years. I doubt if they are going to put a plaque which says a car was buried at this site in 1957 and removed in 2007... I think it is sad that ordinary people cannot even get a close look at the empty vault. I am sure the hole is filled by this time.