The process of removal takes more than a couple of hours. Somebody probably had the insight to think... Hey what do we do if the car is toast? They knew something would be there but didn't know what it would be for sure.

They did what they had to do. They slowly opened it, accessed the situation and made sure that they could lift it out.

I have two disapointments.

1. They should have covered up the courthouse windows and put up a privacy fence first. They should have kept it secret. I guess they figured they would build suspense but it just got all the hens clucking instead.

2. I wish it would not have been so water logged. It was to be expected but I still had those little kid anticipations of it being pristine. I knew better but still....

Heck I would love to have it rust bucket or not. It is probalbly the only low miles 57 Plymouth left. I see a cool chance at a nice restoration. I've seen terible cars pulled from woods or from on top of barrels that turned out quite nice. It may be totally toast but it may not. We will find out later today.