Yesterday my spirits were dampened (HA, HA) and I was upset that "they" cut and removed the lid without the major media being present. I even posted that I might skip the taking the car out of the vault event (the unveiling is later in the evening on Friday). After going to the site this afternoon and meeting people from New Zealand, CA, AZ, etc. I decided I am going to attend as much of this event as possible.

I think this is going to be one heck of a car show. This afternoon I meet a guy named Richard Cook. Anybody heard of him? Can anybody guess his nick name in the old hot rodder type magazines??? By the magazines he showed me he has made several cool custom projects over his life. At this show he has a custom '41 car hauler truck hauling an 8 wheel drive and steer Willy's jeep he made. I met this group of people from New Zealand (one had a mopar t-shirt so I asked if they were members of Moparts) and had a very interesting conversation. Thankfully I had seen the movie "The World's Fastest Indian" so besides cars we talked about Bert Munro.

Realizing I would only be cutting off my nose in spite if I did not go due to how the early phases of the event have been handled I decided to ignore what happened yesterday. My recommendation is if you considered coming before what happened yesterday you should still come to the event!