I bought a new WS6 T/A in '01. It is still considered the most badass one in town back then. That is for a stock longblock, stock tire car. That thing was sweet all around. However, you wouldn't have thought that when I first got it.

I tinkered with pretty much EVERYTHING you could on those cars w/o opening up the driveline. I'm not gona waste anybody's time with small details but I will say there is a lot of things to try on a late model car.

The most glaring was the MAF. Changing to whatever was the hot deal back then was worth THREE and a half tenths. You read that right, .35 in one simply bolt on. I did back to back to back tests at the track and it was legit. There were other things I did that were worth like a tenth.

You have lots of places on a car that tolerances can be off a tick and it make noticable difference in the output.

I mean, you are talking like it was burning oil. The LS1 had a bad design PCV system that let oil spray right into the intake stream. Really damn stupid and I had to rerig the whole deal to get the timing retard out of it. So I'm sure the new Dodge stuff has similar programming that may have been holding your car back.

Maybe some small changes in the rear suspension could have cured the wheel hop.

I still don't get why you ditched a car that you claim to have been perfectly happy with when using it as you intended. You had a race car and were THAT concerned that your loaded, bloated daily driver ran slow? How do you know what that air cleaner removal was worth? If anything, you threw the PCM a curve by running it w/o it all the sudden.

Did you try different tire pressures? Launches? Etc? I out close to 200 passes on my TA in ONE summer. I spent lots of time at TNTs where all I did was test the air pressure and other small changes. I learned a ton about my car by doing that, how to launch, how not to, and as a result I finished in the money at the track something like 8 straight weeks before a new job kept me away from the track.

I want my fair share