I can understand what he is/went going thru with that purchase of the cars and what expectations he had.You read what they are supposed to have for power,given that they are heavy cars,you can expect lower than average 60' times,but the mph should still be there regardless of how fast you can shift a 6spd,even no lift shifting would at best gain you 1-2 tenths,and maybe 1 mph.
Commented in other forums about this already,when you have stock RT's running from 99-108 mph,thats WAY to big of difference!!!!I do really like my 6spd RT,did take it to the track and went a best(stock w/KN drop in filter)
60' 2.138 tires at 25lbs.
ET 13.76
MPH 102.05

ET was right where I expected,but did think it was going to go around 104 for MPH,oh well.Same day,same track,running right next to me was a friends SRT,stock 6spd,MPH was around 104 ish.
With all these reported MPH times being that far off,just kinda sucks as we showed enthusiasum to buy them,but not being what they were portrayed to be sucks,especially laying down the money.
When you're talking 99-108 mph,thats around 60-80+ hp difference!!!How the hell can that be on a supposed production car?????
I geuss the catch can is a good idea to start,as if you're pulling oil in the intake,it sure would do something to the timing /fuel if it was seeing some kinda knock.
It would be nice to see high MPH out of these cars,but I think I'll leave mine alone,use it as such was built and enjoy,street cruising,because as far as I'm concerned ,to me,drag racing at the track,I like feel decent 60' times 1.5,1.6's and these cars need an awfull lot to get to those.
Being a Buick GN owner,and racing it,even back in the day they never ran the same,and with very little effort they pick up tons of power and would run low 12's high 11's,but never this far off from eachother.

Last edited by EV2 AAR; 06/03/09 11:54 AM.