Quote:

I personally spoke with the guys over at Westech which is a dyno and tuning facility located in Ontario California. They are very well known for there dyno and tuning facilities that HotRod and Car Craft magazine use for many of there engine testing and tuning along with chassis tuning. I asked them specifically about the tuneability of this vehicle and whether or not they could check this vehicle out and see if there was something they could do about it. They said. "NOPE" I was told that even if they could "Program" out the reason that it isnt making power, there was no guarantee that the program would "Stick". Evidently Chryslers software was designed to dissallow tampering. There have been many attempts at reflashing the PCMs but the duration of time that the reflash lasts is temporary at the best. They told me that Chrysler is far ahead of the other manufacturers when it comes to "tamper proofing" there software. The GM and Ford stuff evidently is a piece of cake. I respect these guys alot as I have used there dyno facilities and had fuel injected engines tuned there without any issues. The guys over at Westech basically told me that if the dealer/manufacturer couldnt fix this one, the aftermarket guys certainly wont with a mere "tune". They also felt there was more to it than just the tune. Bummer indeed. The car was truelly awesome with the exception of the performance. I saw no reason for that car NOT to turn a 12.9 at 110mph since my friends wifes SRT8 300C went low 13s at 108 at the same track. STOCK!! Oh wait... he chromed the wheels.

I am not arguing with you but something is not right there. These car are completely tunable. I have a diablo predator tuner and we tuned it on the chassis dyno. Then on top of the Predator tuner, there is CMR software that is able to make drastic changes in the program. Many...many people are tuning these cars and the tune don't just go away or not "stick". It is there until the owner removes it and replaces the stock tune.
I currently run two tunes, one for NA and one for Nitrous.

That shop must not have the CMR software for the Challengers yet.