Quote:

I don't doubt your story and that there are 'faster' and 'slower' cars being built. I do know that they have adaptive memory, and driving like a little old lady all week will cause it to 'learn' that type of driving and probably affects Saturday's times.
It seems you went in with rose tinted glasses after reading everything you could about these cars, expecting to be able to hop in and match pro drivers' times and performance. After failing at that, the whole ownership soured to the point where you sold it off. I know that if I were selling new cars, there is no way I'd let a customer take out the inventory and beat on them to select the one he liked best. Don't they have to break in first anyway? I think the only solution is to buy used from a racer.

At our last PSCA race in Fontana there was an orange Challenger SRT8 with drag radials running 11.20's at 123. I'm sure this car wasn't bone stock but he was running it through full exhaust. Just shows what's possible with the correct add-ons.