To the topic at hand...there was something wrong with the car. A Challenger should be around the 106-108 mph mark showroom stock. As said, I could care less what the ET was. A "normal" one puts out more then teh 425 SAE HP they are rated for.

The programming in these cars is HORRIBLE. My SRT Charger, while a really fast car stock, was crappy in so many ways. As said, the torque managment in these cars is nuts. The ESP dash button does NOT turn it off, regardless what people say. The R/T does not have a 3 step button I believe, but even the SRT holding for the chime does NOT turn it off.

The Diablo Predator made my car fell like it had gained 50 HP / 50 lb ft...even thou is was mostly feel. Data logging proved the stock tune would pull timing to virtually NOTHING on a stand still punch...torque managment...with of without ESP dash button. Torque managment between shifts...crap.

You can turn the key (attempt to start the car again) while slowing moving the car which will turn the ESP AND BAS system off as the brakes WILL attempt to apply when they sense "excessive" torque applies to the wheels which could result in a loss of control. Still, disable the ENTIRE ESP system with the Diablo and you feel like you just bought a new car.

All this said, Chrysler really messed up in the programming. I'm not too sure of the # of people that bought an SRT because they thought it was the top of the line model and cared about an ESP system and all the other crap that goes into it. Give me a 6.4L SRT with a bare bones "roadrunner" type thinking and I'll be happy. You are no longer DC...think like the old Mopar!

I have a "few" mods in my car now, and it is a BLAST to drive. I could care less what it runs at the track as that was not the reason I bought the car. On the street, there is not much that will keep up...unless you start meeting some really serious iron. I'd say it's an easy low 12 @ ~118mph car in street trim....which when you figure a race weight of ~4500 lbs, is a bunch of HP at the wheels for a 370 ci motor. Show me a 4500# 383 powered car run those #'s....and then how streetable is it?

1967 Satellite, CNC Eddy Headed 500ci Street Mauler
(Dyno'ed @ 600 HP / 650 ft-lbs)

2016 Challenger Hellcat - Holy Hell
2012 Hemi Ram Sport Crew Cab
2011 Avenger, Pentastar V-6
2007 SRT-8 Charger (Dyno'ed @ 470 RWHP)
1986 Caravelle, 318, aka "Rosco", Back Road Burner!

ALL Black...Bad Boys always wear Black!