Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just to clarify, the car was not burning that much oil. It was needing to add a second quart when I changed the oil just before I sold it. At about 5500 miles. So that is one quart in 2750 miles. By todays standards that seems like a lot, but may in fact be normal for this motor. And it may have gotten better as it broke in some more.
I will bet that every one of your Guy's race motors burn that much oil in that many miles (if you should ever drive that many miles with a race motor) and it is not causing detonation. Or basically I do not believe one quart in 2750 miles is enough to cause detonation in this motor. I think that question as to the oil level got some of us off track.

Should burn 0=ZERO that new. I have had 2 5.7 HEMI trucks and they used NO oil. They did both make a knocking sound at idle though.....

Even my 95 5.2 rattles a ton at the track unless I mix 93 w/ 104. All it has is the mopar computer.

It's a valve train tick(not detonation like the 5.2 magnums all get), all 5.7's have it. I swapped a 6.1 cam, springs and pushrods into my 03 Ram and the tick disappeared with the pushrods.

On a side note does everyone with an SRT8 know that you have to press and HOLD the trac control button for 10 seconds or so, it will beep and that means the trac control is completely disengaged

An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry. Thomas Jefferson