[quote

I am not arguing with you but something is not right there. These car are completely tunable. I have a diablo predator tuner and we tuned it on the chassis dyno. Then on top of the Predator tuner, there is CMR software that is able to make drastic changes in the program. Many...many people are tuning these cars and the tune don't just go away or not "stick". It is there until the owner removes it and replaces the stock tune.
I currently run two tunes, one for NA and one for Nitrous.

That shop must not have the CMR software for the Challengers yet.

I understand that there are plenty of aftermarket piggy back tuners. I think; im not sure though that your tuner stays in the car is that right? I think what the shop was talking about was actually rewriting the factory PCM as to not require an outside programmer such as the one that you are talking about. Many of my friends have non-mopar based fuel injected modern muscle cars and they also have the add-on programmers that piggy back the PCM or stay connected to the data link connector. I dont think Ron wanted that. Westech has teh ability to completely rewrite the software for the GM and Ford PCMs but not the Chrysler PCMs. This is what we were after. I believe that ALL the supercharged/turbocharged and big cubic inch modern HEMI cars all use a piggy back type programmable PCM that works in conjunction with the PCM. I dont think any use just a reflashed Factory PCM. I may be wrong though.

10.53 @ 125mph. 1.37 60 foot. Caltracs and Monoleafs, AFCO shocks.

Heads by INDIO MOTOR MACHINE; IMM.
CP Pistons, PC Carbs.