Quote:

Tony, I think the difference might be that I was asking to correct the stock tune. Not for a performance tune. For instance, if the knock sensors were pulling timing out and they programmed it to not do that , eventually it would pull the timing out anyways.

Or it could be what you say. Mopars are always the last ones to be learned in the performance world, and maybe they did not know about the new sofware etc...Either way, I thought they would be my best shot locally.

I see what you are saying. With CMR software they can modify the knock sensor settings. I bet they did not have it yet. My local chassis dyno does not have it yet either. From what you are describing I bet you were fighting short and long term knock. When I was first running nitrous I could actually feel the car "pulling back". My data logs showed the ST knock was killing it....pulling 16 degrees. That is when I got a CMR custom tune that eliminated the problem. I can run a nitrous pass all the way and not pull any timing...and you can really feel the difference.

To your defense..you should not have had to mess with any of that with a stock car. It is a shame it ran the way it did for you..it is an awesome looking car.