Originally Posted By TRENDZ
SomeCarGuy,
So watch the video. You will see that the timing light has no dial back. It is a "fixed zero" timing light. NO DIAL.

Rotor, reluctor,pick up and cap all stay in CONSTANT PHASE at all rpm. The only exception is while using vacuum advance.
The only change is the shaft delay to the engine.
If you think that a timing light wont tell you when spark is occuring, then you cant be made to fully understand what a distributor does.

You fell overboard and want other people to join you to make yourself feel better. We have been over and over this, yet you still are searching for a way to make yourself feel better. Hubris has led you to this, just stop.

I dont know what in the hell rabbit hole you fell into now. Who said a timing light wont show when a spark occurs? What else is such a tool for?

One more time- the light comes on when it gets a spark. That event time changes as the mech advance moves the rotor/reluctor combo, you will still see the timing light strobe come on in line with the terminal since the reluctor and pickup are now meeting in a new place in the circle. If the phase of the rotor and reluctor are off, the timing event will be seen away from the terminal. If that is happening, you can get a misfire. Correcting that is what adjustable rotors and reluctors are for.

I get it, you dont want to be on the same page after a zillion posts since you didnt catch his bet was about the timing light coming on. I did and after no other explanation as to this "magic," i made one about the rotor moving when the mechanical advance kicks in. It does, despite any other outstanding issue maybe lingering(?), sport440 understands the rotor moves. It has to. Use a dial back light like i said and you'll see. When the rotor moves with advance, we know the reluctor on the same shaft has been moved as well.

If you dont understand that, well whatever.

I want my fair share