Quote:
What ever Trendz comes up with I will abide by... weather
I'm right or wrong.. I should be sending the dist out
today since I have to go to town wave
Trendz has already confirmed my position. If the only reason you were going to send him a dist was so that he could resolve this, if I may suggest you save your time and shipping money. Thumper I have seen some dizzys with way off RP & a common symptom of that is missing at different vac levels when the can shifts the rotor far enough away from the cap terminal(s) to where the required voltage (to jump that gap) is greater than the available voltage & even getting close to that "limit" stresses the coil. there is also the radial distance which adds to the total gap distance. NAPA has a rotor with a longer blade but you can easily make your own (drill out the rivet) & get the radial gap dead on (.015) then get the circumferential distance (phasing) dead on also. reduce lower shaft end play to .005 with speedway shims or use common 1/2" ID washers & deburr the bevel on one side on the ID/OD made when they are stamped when being mfr'd. Add a side oiler like some of the old points ones had & if you ain't running the vac can you can temporarily add a can & pump it up with a mityvac till the phasing is dead on then drill down vertical into the two plates & lock them in that position with a mini bolt/nut with a spacer inbetween the two plates so they do not tilt when you tighten the bolt then remove the can or unhook the lever from the plate & just leave it to cover the side hole in the dist.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth