Quote:
I would have put a dist on it with a camera/video to show
you that it HAS to move to have advancement
wave
Correct, the rotor/reluctor which are fixed to each other HAVE to move to get the tooth closer to the magnet so it will fire earlier for mech advance but this may convince you without a live eng test tomorrow: I just went out in the kitchen & held a dist upright & held the lower shaft immobile then turned the housing slightly till the magnet was lined up with a tooth and noted where the rotor pointed on the housing perimeter (which'll be the cap terminal location) then I turned the (SB) housing a bit CW which put the tooth a bit CCW from the magnet, then holding everything (lower shaft/housing) still, I grabbed the reluctor & turned it CW against the springs till the tooth lined back up with the magnet which would be when it would fire which is earlier (advanced) & lo and behold now with the tooth lined up with the magnet in this advanced position the rotor (rotor phasing) is in the same position on the housing perimeter/cap terminal location where it was before which is what you guys will see tomorrow when you do it on the car with a drilled cap/timing light like I have seen/done before several times (on eng with drilled cap/timing light) and I am going to do it again just to hold up my end of this threesome bargain. it's all over but the cryin! sleep tight dont let the bedbugs bite & we'll check back in tomorrow evening/later on in the day. RR

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth