Originally Posted By RapidRobert
it seems logical that since the rotor to reluctor clocking is fixed (unless you alter it with the reluctor with the multiple holes) then when the reluctor teeth are moved closer to the magnet (being advanced by the springs) so it will fire earlier then how could that not move the rotor (which is locked to the reluctor) the same # of degrees closer or away (as the case may be) from the cap terminal (rotor phasing). I would suggest wrap a shop towell around the dist lower shaft to protect it then clamp it reasonably snug in your vise straight up vertical then go back to one of my earlier posts & work with that procedure & you'll see. its like in a SB CW rotation dist, the springs/slots/weights let the reluctor rotate CW so a tooth reaches the magnet maybe 10 deg sooner (advanced) AND the rotor (which moves with it) is also rotated 10 deg CW so the rotor ends up exactly in the same position relative to the cap (same phasing). EDIT Krautrock this was for you. P, I thought for a second I had you convinced! When can you do the test (no need for a video). I did my part. PS Trendz manned up & paid the bet, I'm waiting on you

If I can find some springs in a day or so I will run it
for you and video it and post it.. its all about the
relationship to the cap.. why do you think they call it
mech advance... the light is always in sync with the rotor
but not if you put a line on the cap
EDIT
why would the top twist is it wasnt gonna move
wave

Last edited by MR_P_BODY; 03/14/16 11:19 PM.