Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Originally Posted By SomeCarGuy
Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Quote:
And that you send me money for the free education. Lots of it. Money. Send it.
Are you in for ten?

That the rotor will move in relation to the cap when advanced by the mechanical advance?

Yes. My position is: a regular dist with vac adv and mech adv with no weird add ons such as nitrous retard etc, that the mech adv does not change rotor phasing so if you cap the can the RP will not change at any amount of mech advance and RP will be checked by tossing on a cap with the hole drilled in the top then using a timing light to in effect freeze it (which is how RP is checked), that the rotor will NOT shift/move... (I feel like I am drawing up a legal document!). One Moparter to another, you would be betting that the rotor phasing will move with mech adv only and I will cover the bet for ten. (I have PP and I can send a ten dollar bill in an envelope to take care of my end as needed). I just checked the dist in my truck 3 days ago & reconfirmed my position, the rotor did not budge when I revved it high with the can unplugged/hose capped and I was definitely up high enough to be into the springs/advancing. Are you in brother!

This one is already over. Send me my money. You have yet again failed to provide evidence of the entire rest of the world being wrong. The video, pics, and text posted in this thread proves beyond a shadow of doubt the rotor moves. If yours does not, your mech advance is frozen up. I have asked repeatedly for you to explain what advances the timing. You have failed to say anything beyond "magic." I'll ask one final time before taking your money-

WHAT CHANGES THE TIMING IF NOT THE MECHANICAL ADVANCE IN THE DISTRIBUTOR MOVING THE ROTOR/RELUCTOR?

P body long ago explained the light will fire when the event occurs. Watching the video you can see the rotor move in real time.

I want my fair share