Quote:
i should get a share of the booty just for getting all this going!

with the cap off and the distributor in the engine, i set the timing at 32 on the damper, firing for cylinder no 1, and then moved the rotor to full mechanical advance. sure enough, the side with the discoloration was not in line with the terminal post.

i removed the distributor and was going to remove the reluctor, and noticed there was no roll pin.

i still have to take the cap and drill a hole and see if it really is where i want it, or if i have to move it again, but i think i'm good to go in that respect.
(1) No habla Englesh (2) at 32/reluctor held against springs if you then turned the housing so the magnet lined up with the tooth the rotor discoloration location would be lined back up (if you are on the same reluctor roll pin hole). (3) yes you need the roll pin, maybe it dropped down in there. (4) Please do the test with the 1/2" hole in the cap for rotor roll pin selection and for backup for me (uncap the can & see that it does not move as you rev it). if you have a vac pump you can pump up half of the vac can arms' travel and select the roll pin hole that will center the rotor on the cap terminal.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth