Trendz try this, the procedure I mentioned earlier (dist in a vise or in your hand) & see what you see. It'll take you 3 minutes if that. EDIT (1) hold dist housing in left hand with magnet at 12 o'clock (2) turn lower shaft so a tooth is lined up with the magnet (both at 12 o'clock) (3) note position of upper shaft notch which opposite to that is rotor location (RP) (4) turn lower shaft CCW (to the left) slightly (5) with the housing still being held so magnet is at 12 o'clock, grab lower shaft & hold it in this new position (with the tooth a bit to the left), & hold both solid with your left hand (6) with housing and lower shaft being held solid, grab the reluctor & twist it CW till the tooth is back lined up at 12 o'clock with the magnet which the magnet is still at 12 o'clock (this is when it fires) & the rotor position will be in the same exact position in relation to the cap as it was before you twisted the rotor (which is giving it mech advance). You will see the magic trick, how the mech adv can shift the reluctor (& it does) and with the reluctor and rotor being solidly connected (& they are) how the rotor position (phasing) does not change in relation to the cap when it fires (tooth lined up with magnet). I know it to be a fact but I was awed when I saw the HOW of it right in front of me

Last edited by RapidRobert; 03/19/16 03:07 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth