Jeeesh!! What the hell happened to is thread??? I read some of it, so - let me put it to rest. THE ROTOR MOVES WIH THE ADVANCE. I watched it through the 1/2" hole I drilled next to terminal #1 ( with a timing light ) on my cap. Keep in mind, it's only about a 12 degree movement at the distributor = 12 + 12 at the crank + initial timing of 12 -14 = 36 total. The Mopar distributor as I bought it, was way out of phase ( rotor to cap relationship ). I was able to correct it with the multi slotted reluctor I bought. The 15 degree advance slot put it on the money. So, at full mechanical advance the rotor lines up perfectly with the cap terminal. This is what you want because that is when the engine load is usually the greatest. At idle, the rotor is slightly misaligned with the cap terminal due to the advance thing), but who cares at idle. I was surprised to see it that far off and I would advise anyone that uses this distributor to sacrifice a cap and run the test. I suppose you could re-index the cap to get the same results, but the multi slotted reluctor I purchased worked great to fix this problem. I might add that all caps aren't created equal. I have one cap that shows a solid burn across the entire brass terminal and I have another cap ( from NAPA ( brass terminals and looks identical to the cap that came with the dist. that shows a burn that covers only 1/2 of the brass terminals. As I said some where in this thread, "this distributor was a turd". wave

Fastest 300