Ok here is a quick rundown of parts so far.Rememer my truck is a 73 model.There was a tie rod change on the trucks in 79.Ive used

91-96 Dakota dropped spindles.

Van outer tie rod ends.Book list them for several different vans,but if you ask for 79 b100 that will get you there. Moog part #ES2121L

76 Newyorker Adjusting sleeves.Moog Part #ES440S

76 Newyorker brake rotors.I dont have the part #.I still need to pick one up for the driver side so I will post it when I get it.

The Moog book I have only goes up to 90,but as far as upper ball joints are concerned they never changed from 72-90.There is only one part number upper k778,and two part # for lower K7025 press in,and K727 for thread in.I personally have never seen a threaded lower ball joint on these trucks.They are the same size one presses in and one threads in thats the only difference.This is all half ton info.There were different balljoints for some 3/4 and 1 tons.

I can say with a reasonable amount confidence that if you have a half ton 72-90 Ram you will not have to change the ball joints.The 91-96 Dakota spindle will bolt on.

There will be some trimming and drilling of the dust shield for control arm and steering arm clearance.

Some trimming or grinding on the ends of the control arms for rotor clearance.My truck has Chisholm arms so Im not sure how this will effect a stock arm. It could be possible that no trimming would need to be done on stock arms.Chisholm arms are very heavy duty.

I think thats about it up to this point.Ill keep everyone informed.

Last edited by ramblebee; 02/29/08 05:45 PM.