Quote:

I talked to Kenny at AIM or Chassis Tech what ever the name of the place is that I bought the springs from and he asked if I put the Dakota spindles on a Ram and I told him yes so he then went right in to telling me that the spindles wouldn't drop a ram like they would a Dakota. I borrowed a picture from this thread that was of a Ram spindle and Dakota spindle side bye side to show him that they are in the most part the same spindle. I also took three pictures of the spring they sent compared to a original Ram spring, the difference is that the aftermarket spring is about 1" taller and 1/2" wider. I also told him on the phone that the aftermarket spring was taller and he told me that it was taller so that the spring rate would be greater so it wouldn't bottom out. I guess he thinks I am some kind of a dumby anyway I compiled a compilation of pictures for him to look at so I am goig to call him back tommorow to see what kind of bull @@@@ he has to tell me.

Well I can tell you that the 91-96 Dak spindle will drop a Ram.And I personally have never seen a dropped coil spring that is longer than the stock spring and Ive done several chebbies.I still think your spring is too long,unless there is somthing different between 87-90 and 91-96 Dak spindles.They look the same in the pics.